- Chuck-E-Cheese is truly just a mini-casino for little kids and trying to get them out of there is worse than pulling a member of Gambler's Anonymous out of Atlantic City.
- People who think autism is just an excuse for bad parenting should be punished. My suggestion: send 'em along on a school field-trip with a classful of autistic children. Preferably unmedicated.
- You know you are over-the-hill if you stay up past midnight watching the PBS Documentary on Richard M. Nixon and enjoy it more than anything else on prime-time TV. (Did anyone else watch? Wasn't it fascinating!?)
- The only way to avoid becoming witchy before Oct. 31st is to establish a family costume deadline. Costume choices must be "locked-in" by the 15th. No minds changed at the last minute. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Watching the local team win the playoffs and head to the World Series can actually make the usually-boring baseball season a little more interesting. (Not as exciting as Nixon, of course. But close.)