- Going to the dentist for a filling and, after minimal uncomfortable poking & prodding, being told that I don't have a cavity! The dentist is just incompetent! Or the x-ray was shadowy! Either way...no needles. No drill. No big ugly bill. I'm happy.
- Taking my three sons on a bike ride. Two were wearing Thomas the Tank Engine helmets and one was doing hot-rod danger stunts. They all take after their dad. But no one got hurt today. I'm happy.
- Sunshine. Blossoms. Forsythia. And that yellowish-spring-green that makes everything look just born and fresh. Allergies will be starting soon. But not yet. I'm happy.
- Taking Jake to a bowling league just for kids with special needs. Watching tough dads push wheelchairs. And teenage sisters cheer for their challenging little sibs. Smiles and high fives. Chatting with friends. I'm happy.
- Watching church on tv. In my comfy clothes. Pretending not to eat the traditional General Conference trail mix. Because m&m's don't have any calories, if you snitch them from your kids. Being inspired and uplifted. I'm happy.
Happy weekend! Happy Spring!