Friday, August 20, 2010

China Anniversary

Jumping from one family tree...
into another!

Pretty good yield, huh?
Traditionally, the 20th anniversary is the China Anniversary. You either buy yourself a new set of china or go on a trip to China. We chose instead to buy a leather sectional and have a spa weekend in Scottsdale. Tradition, be hanged.
I feel like I should write something sappy, but if you look through the archives, I've said it all before. All I can say is that I can't believe it's been 20 years. There are lots of things in life that have been hard for me, but marriage has not been one of them. I'm lucky.
**Current photo by Christie...wish she'd been around for the original shots. Early '90s wedding photography should be a federal crime.

11 comments:

Diane said...

Congratulations. 20 is nothing to be sneezed at, no matter how wonderful it is. That's quite an accomplishment, and you have a lot to show for it!

the wrath of khandrea said...

wow. 20? that's a lot!! congrats on such a remarkable accomplishment. (i'm referring here to the taming of your bangs).

:O)

mama jo said...

20? seems like yesterday..

Travelin'Oma said...

Love these photos! Congratulations!

brooke said...

You always make me laugh. Even LATE 90's wedding photography (and videography--mine's a doozy!) should be a Federal crime.

I love the pictures. You are so lucky to have a happy marriage. I would take a leather sectional over a trip to China any day.

Christie said...

Ah, that perfect tree. Tragic that you don't live down the street from it anymore. What I wouldn't give for a take two...

Congrats on 20 years! You guys are the best!

calibosmom said...

Sweet! I like how you celebrate!

Lisa-Marie said...

what a beautiful sentiment about your marriage.

your family is beautiful.

polly said...

congrats Gabi on 20 years. i does seem like yesterday! i remember the delicious crepes we had at your wedding! but i can't believe that all you sibs were that young! sounds like you had a great anniversary. spa days are the greatest!

Lauren in GA said...

Awww, Happy Anniversary, Gabi. As always, I love the way you wrote about it. How wonderful that marriage has not been hard for you. Lovely the way you stated that.

I agree 100%...my wedding photographer shoudl be behind bars.

Lauren in GA said...

Andrea's comment killed me. She is hilarious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...