Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Shoes, Clean Teeth and a Tiger Named Bwad

Bwad is the newest member of our family. Named after our venerable patriarch, but with kindergarten pronunciation, Bwad sleeps in a Kleenex box and likes being stroked between the ears. He is my kind of pet and we've taken him everywhere today.

Even with a stuffed tiger tagalong, my day has been productive. I took the twinks shoe shopping and to the dentist. Both activities make me feel like a responsible parent. The Stride Rite man congratulated me on my strapping boys and the dentist (for once!) pronounced everyone cavity-free.

I headed back to the store for Snowmageddon Part II. This one's supposed to be a doozy. I loaded up on all the essentials. This time, I got wise, and bought the disposable hot chocolate cups WITH LIDS. I'm hoping this will drastically improve something. Snow days are a whole lotta fun, but can wreak havoc upon my clean kitchen.

Bracing for this second storm (we're supposed to get 12-20 inches!) reminds me of the day before surgery. I've done everything I can do get ready, I'm hoping for the best and prepared for the worst. We won't know til it's over, I guess.

5 comments:

Tristan said...

Cute tiger!! It is such a nice feeling to leave the dentist cavity free!

Hope you survive this second blizzard as well!

Annemarie said...

I am truely jealous of ANOTHER snow storm. We haven't had one like that at all this year. Just a bunch of small-med storms. I'm so tired of gray, cold and ugly dirty snow. I soooo want a snow day.

Why is it that hot chocolate always spills?!?!?

Mel said...

Thanks for the reminder that I really need to get my kiddos to the dentist. You are a better mom than me!! Stay warm and dry for the incoming storm. It looks like we are lucking out here in Delaware with only 1-3 in my area although it's starting as ice which won't be fun. Good luck.

Christie said...

I like how he named it Bwad. Reminds me of Opa the Turtle. Something in this family about naming after the men...

12-20 more inches? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You can come here and recuperate. We have virtually no snow.

Lauren in GA said...

Love the name of Bwad. That is a darling picture of the two of them.

You are brilliant. I love the idea of disposable hot chocolate cups with lids.

Good luck, and I will be thinking of you. Are you going to have to make up a lot of Seminary?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...