Knowing that everything I buy will soon end up in here.
Why am I making and eating so many of these?
Knowing that soon they will haunt me here.
Why am I getting my kids so many of these?
When my basement already looks like this?
Why does December feel so much like this?
When it's supposed to just be about this.
Why does Christmas turn me into this?
Today I tried to get off the holiday merry-go-round and find some of the peace I've been missing. Here is a list of the things I did that helped me feel a little better.
(Note to self: reread and repeat...often!)
To find the missing peace:
- Clean off desk, combine all to-do lists into one master list.
- Re-evaluate and eliminate some of the to-do's.
- Combine and simplify the have-to-do's.
- Exercise outside in the "sunshine" and fresh air.
- Feed spirit and body with real nourishment.
- Wear a red hoodie and comfortable shoes.
- Throw at least 15 things away.
- Eat a chocolate mint truffle.
- Read aloud to children.
- Talk to a loved one on the phone.
- Write a thank you note.
- Do a secret Santa service.
- Complete a dreaded task while watching a Christmas movie.
- Ahhhhhhhhhhh....peace at last!