Thursday, July 19, 2007

You Might Be Raising Boys If...


  1. You own a remote-control tarantula.
  2. You sort your laundry into the following categories:
    denim, khaki, camoflage and Spiderman.
  3. Your blue bathroom always smells a little funky.
  4. You know the exquisite agony of stepping on Star Wars Legos with your bare feet.
  5. You go through a jumbo jar of peanut butter and four gallons of milk every week.
  6. You can tell the difference between Percy, Thomas and James.
  7. Flatulence is the highest form of humor in your home.
  8. You are voluntarily going to spend 5 days at Cub Scout Day Camp. (Next week...pray for me!)

9 comments:

Christie said...

Oh, truer words have never been spoken. I think boys tend to have a personality that only a mother could love.

And a week of scout camp? You, my friend, are a saint. Good luck!

Bridget said...

I love it! I am so there too. And yes, GOOD LUCK with scout camp. Not looking forward to that one myself.

Travelin'Oma said...

Oh, Gab! I remember days at Cub Scout Camp...actually being there was better than the drive up and back. That's where the highest form of humor is really in evidence.

Cheryl said...

Oh, my I can totally relate, I have three boys and just got back from cub scout camp, but ours was only 2 days. And the smelly bathroom...

Shaka said...

i have 2 boys and 1 girl plus the dad so we can relate. it's tons of fun though! the girl has brought enough girlyness to our home that eventually she will prob. do more than balance things out.

Annie said...

I'm right there with you, too...the laundry piles, the funky bathroom. And, oh, the stinky shoes! There must be something chemical in the feet of little boys that produce putridness beyond compare.

Oh, but he also occupies his own corner of my heart, too.

Good luck at camp + next time I come to Philly I will definitely look you up!

laina kay said...

Only one boy here but he definitely makes his mark! I think I have permanent Lego imprints on my soles... and the bathroom - why?... also, what is with the aversion to hand washing? Good thing he's cute!

Five days at Cub Scout Day Camp... you'll be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Oh so true! I have 3 boys and I can seriously relate. Have fun at scout camp!

mama jo said...

cub scout camp is definitely a highlight...i agree with marty..the drive is what kills you..if you have a car load..the smell does it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...