Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Weather, Harry Potter and Other Things I Know You're Dying to Hear About

Ahhh.  November in Arizona is complete heaven.  The sun shines every day.  Temperatures hover around 75 during the day, then cool off enough for cozy jammies at night.  My kids are constantly outside.  I go for a jog in the sunshine every morning.  THIS is why we live here.

The twins are settling nicely into first grade.  However, Luke has decided he wants nothing to do with his brother.  Last week, he was "Hero of the Week" and did not want to include a single picture of Sam on his poster.  I guess this makes sense developmentally.  He wants to be his own person...define himself.  But it makes me a little sad.

They have also decided they want to play separate sports.  Sam-soccer.  Luke-tennis.  But I am torturing them both with piano lessons!  They started this week.



Last week, Brad and I took a trip to Orlando.  We did the parks WITHOUT the kids.  Pure fun.  Harry Potter at Universal Studios was the highlight.  (Crowded but worth the wait!) We really are kids at heart.  Thanks, Babe for planning.  Thanks to Nana and Aunt Geesh for babysitting.

Em chose to choreograph a roller-blade number for the Activity Girls' Talent Night at church.  She performed beautifully, especially considering the fact that the day before she had five (!) teeth pulled.  Two of the teeth removed had crowns.  Nice.  I love paying to have all that expensive work taken out.  By the time this kid is 18, she will have a million dollar smile.  Literally.
Jake has become a sixth grade party animal.  The doorbell rings non-stop with friends asking to play.  He bikes to the park everyday with his buddies, has all kinds of birthday party invites and a great scout troop.  For the first time in his life, Jake has an age-appropriate social life and I am so happy for him.

Life is good.

12 comments:

Celia Fae said...

It looks like things are going swimmingly. Maybe I need to move to Arizona.

I'm glad you got a trip with your boyfriend. You deserved it after your big move.

Jeanelle said...

I went to this Harry Potter traveling exhibit yesterday that was all costumes and props and other stuff from all of the movies. It was so cool. Glad you had a fun trip!

calibosmom said...

I will be wishing I lived in AZ in about 2 months. Looks heavenly and I'm glad everyone is doing well!

Diane said...

It's nice you are feeling more settled in in AZ.

Rochelleht said...

How exciting that Jake is doing so well. That is so fantastic. And I'm so glad you got to go on a couple's vacay. How fun to do Disney. What a great idea!

the wrath of khandrea said...

this post just made me happy. good stuff, gab.

Just us Nelsons said...

With the snow here and cold weather, I am wishing that we could move down there with you guys! So happy you are all doing well!

Marci said...

Great update on the latest! It is nice to hear you all are adjusting so nicely. And how great was the Disney World trip? I want to do that someday!!

Linsey said...

Love your flying solo (as a couple) trip -- what a great place!

Ah Fall, my favorite time in Arizona, I'm so glad you're settling in so nicely.

Travelin'Oma said...

I love the message on Luke's shirt. It must be hard to be a twin and always have a built in partner! This post is a great advertisement for Arizona. The tourist bureau should pay you a commission!

Lauren in GA said...

I am so happy that things are going so well! The part about Jake made my heart so happy. We just had our ward split and it has left my boys with no friends at church...I am so happy that Jake has a great scout troop and tons of new friends.

Glad you got some time away with your hubby!

Yeah, we are having teeth issues here too. Already had to have two pulled.

Jenibelle said...

The picture of Jake is adorable, so handsome! I think developmentally ALL kids go through a "I want to be my own person with no siblings" phase. It's just too bad that Luke and Sam didn't go through it at the same time. Awesome post!

And isn't Emmy getting to be beautiful? That's a great part of blogging, we enjoy watching your kids grow vicariously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...