Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Know Why It's Called Fat Tuesday

Things I do not want to eat when it's cold, snowy and my kids have been home from school for six days:
cottage cheese
high fiber cereal
grapefruit
lettuce
hard boiled eggs
rice cakes
baked chicken breasts with a squeeze of lemon over a bed of salad greens
Things I want to eat when it's cold, snowy and my kids have been home from school for six days:
Mountains of spaghetti with homemade sauce, accompanied by garlic bread that's crusty outside and bleeds butter when you bite into it.
Chocolate pudding. The kind you cook on the stove and top with real whipped cream.
Beef stew and my mother-in-law's buttermilk cornbread -so sweet it could be birthday cake- slathered with satiny honey butter.
Giant bowls of spicy taco soup topped with an inch of melted cheese and a hearty dollop of full-fat sour cream. A generous fistful of cornchips crumbled on top.
Basically anything warm, creamy or dripping with butter.
Thank heavens for baggy sweaters and puffy vests.

13 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Dude. I'm hungry.

Tristan said...

Warm, creamy and dripping with butter... were there ever better words spoken? ;)

Annemarie said...

Amen sister.

Um...can't wait to try that cornbread. Can we have Fat Wednesday, Thursday & Friday too???

the wrath of khandrea said...

wow. you had me at "eat".

Christie said...

Wait. I've been eating like that and my kids are in school. Crap.

Lindsey said...

THANK YOU! See? I knew I couldn't get this baby weight off for a reason!!! (My kids are home!) (at least two of them) :)

Diane said...

I want to be at your house. I live for Fat Tuesdays.

Jeanelle said...

don't you hate that we can't (forever) eat whatever the heck we want? So sad. But someday, I will make that cornbread. Yum, yum, yum.

Lauren in GA said...

Perfect title. You make me laugh.

I have to go now. I have to go find something to bite that will bleed with butter. You have a way with words, my dear.

Eva Challen said...

I am totally with you! I made so many treats while they were home and now I don't want to eat anything else!

Jenibelle said...

I think I gained another two pounds just reading this! I did notice a lack of chocolate however...is that what you gave up for Lent?

I'm giving up alcohol and tobacco. I know, such a sacrifice!

Elaine said...

Now I'm hungry!!!

Don't forget to enter to win a tankini of your choice!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Travelin'Oma said...

Comfort food is so comforting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...