Wouldn't life be better if nursery school teachers ran the world? I mean, forget McCain-Palin and Obama-Biden...I'm voting Secchia-McCorriston! These ladies show SERIOUS leadership skills.
(If you can get a dozen four-year-olds to cooperate around a parachute, world peace is totally a non-issue.)
Preschool starts Monday! For the first time in 9 1/2 years, I will have regularly scheduled child-free time. Here's my plan for the first day...
- Walk through Sephora and smell every hair product, sample every lipstick and enjoy walking by the glass bottles without worrying about anything getting smashed into teeny tiny pieces.
- Browse the shelves at Barnes & Noble. Smile sympathetically at women pushing double strollers and completely avoid the children's section.
- Meet a friend for lunch at a restaurant that does not serve french fries or beverages with plastic lids.
- Grocery shop without any dirty looks from cashiers.
- Take a nap.
- Clean out all closets and drawers. Relish the fact that no one is dumping entire bottles of shampoo or "making snow" with the insides of the sofa cushions in another room.
- Listen to NPR and the Mamma Mia! soundtrack with no complaints from the backseat.
- Finish reading New Testament and plan six weeks' worth of Seminary lessons.
- Work out, including 45 minutes cardio, 35 minutes free weights, 20 minute yoga stretch--followed by 90 minute sports massage.
Think I can squeeze it all in between 12:45 dropoff and 3:15 pickup?