Michelle & Amber...two of my favorite high school friends
- The dorkier, goofier-looking, lamer you were in high school the better. People don't expect much from you and are surprised you have grown up to be a little less dorky, goofy-looking and lame.
- If you have an unusual name, people you have known since FIRST GRADE will still mispronounce it.
- Conventional wisdom is wrong...men do not age better than women. All the 38-year-old females will look great. Only 5% of the men will even be recognizable.
- If you go to school in Utah, don't be surprised that your former classmate has THIRTEEN children (no twins, triplets, or step-children). And she will look great.
- Many people you meet will have given their children the same names you have chosen for yours. (Lots of "Lukes"...you were, after all, the Star Wars/Dukes of Hazzard generation!) One friend might even give her daughter YOUR name (the mispronounced version, of course).
- It is strangely thrilling to be in a room with 300 other people who are exactly your age and who grew up in your hometown. For this reason alone, you will feel an intense connection and love them all.
- Some things never change. The cute boy from your math class will not acknowledge your existence and the creepy guy from German II will hold your hand a little too long.
- The best revenge is to sit next to the hottest guy in the room. (Just don't let him know how lame and dorky you really are...)