Monday, January 21, 2008

Fresh Produce

Is there anything worse than hustling & bustling your four kids through morning chores, bundling up to face sub-zero temperatures, driving in busy 3-day-weekend traffic, navigating through a dangerous parking lot and standing in line to see a bunch of singing vegetables?

Yes. Hustling and bustling your four kids through morning chores, bundling up to face sub-zero temperatures, driving in busy 3-day-weekend traffic, navigating through a dangerous parking lot and standing in line to see a bunch of singing vegetables...only to be told:

We're all SOLD OUT!

Bummer...guess I wasn't the only one with this idea today.

10 comments:

marta said...

ah man, shucks, that is absolutely no fun! i am sure you came up with a spectacular substitute. ps. is this the post that was made for min??

Stie: My Favorite Things said...

I think maybe you got off easy. Wouldn't it have been worse to HAVE to see the singing vegetables? I considered that very idea today but opted not to because of the freezing temperatures and sheer laziness. We're watching TV at home instead.

Amanda said...

That really stinks! We saw it a couple of weeks ago and the kids loved it. I prefer my veggies in shorter increments however.

Hope that you found something else to do that was fun!

Bridget said...

Oh that's not fun. I am like Stie. We went to the gym this morning and now my kids are plopped in front of the TV so I can pay bills, blog and organize my office.

Bridget said...

I think you still get mommy credit for trying though, right?

Annie said...

Oh, what a letdown (or a relief?)! And you didn't want to take them to the showing of One Missed Call or There Will Be Blood instead?

We have a strep daughter here so the other two were bitter and grumpy about having to stay home. I threw all of the t.v. limits out the window and we all had a free-for-all, screenwise.

Tomorrow: back to normal.

Polly said...

I love your descriptions of your life...it is a good way of making things that are really awful look like their fun. I spent the day with baby Jake laying on my shoulder all day looking outside at the snow.. it was really nice

Lauren said...

Oh, that is so lousy! I am so sorry! Were the kids unspeakably upset?

I was going to crack a joke about going to see singing FROZEN vegtables but, I shouldn't make light of such a sad situation.

mama jo said...

there's nothing worse than having a great idea that gets shot down...so sorry...

crystal said...

Here is how you should reward yourself: Go see "27 Dresses."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...