Monday, August 27, 2007

I Hope It's Not Your Coccyx!

My little brothers and I used to watch a certain 1972 Barbra Streisand/Ryan O'Neal movie over and over back when VCR's were a cool new invention.

In one crazy scene, madcap Barb is rushing around O'Neal's character asking if he is hurt and which bones are broken. To quote: "Do you think you broke your coccyx? I hope it's not your coccyx!"

Can you name the movie? Check your answer here....by the way, I think it is a great flick and would be a fun Labor Day weekend repeat.

Well, I always wanted to have something in common with Ms. Streisand...and now I do. Someone I love has broken his coccyx!

If you missed my cutie pie's spill on the hills last spring, you may not realize that he has been in mountain-bike-rehab all summer long. Fortunately, most of his body is back to its everyday studliness...but his tailbone is out of whack.

Tomorrow he goes under the knife for a little coccyx-removal and won't be able to sit down for awhile. Please keep him in your prayers (and say an extra one for me)!

6 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Ok, don't think I'm a stalker, as I'm the predominate commentator today. I'm really cool (well, I try to be anyway). I just had to say, one more thing that we have in common: LOVE BABS!! Ok, not her politics, but you know. Funny Girl, Yentl, What's up Doc?! Me lovey.

At least you don't have her nose in common.

Good luck with the ol' operation.

Christie said...

Oh, poor B-rad. Maybe this will help him think twice before doing any 14-year-old-type stunts again.

Poor you. Hang in there. Best of luck!

Travelin'Oma said...

I think there will be a lot of pain in the *** jokes in the next few weeks. I hope it all works out in the end. Ha ha!

Bridget said...

Oh dear. Not looking fun. Good luck taking care of the hubby. We had a great visit here with Dave & Teresa and fam. It had been over four years since we've seen them!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Bummer...for him. Double bummer for you. Taking care of an ailing husband (my DH is the worst when he's sick or in pain- worse than any kiddo I know). I'll be thinking of you!

marta said...

i can't believe this!! oh no.. seriously i hope he gets well soon. i'm saying a little prayer for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...